- Accessible Mental Health Services for People with an Intellectual Disability: A Guide for Providers
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- National Disability Strategy 2010-2020
- Memorandum of Understanding between ADHC & NSW Health in the provision of services to people with an intellectual disability and mental illness
- Service Framework: to improve the health care of people with intellectual disability
Disability and Carer Organisations
- Department of Family and Community Services - Ageing Disability and Home Care (ADHC): The Department responsible for providing services for vulnerable client groups in NSW.
- National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA): An independent statutory agency responsible for implementing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Referral and assessment centre: Receives referrals and assesses eligibility and service needs of people referred to the Home Care Service of NSW
- Commonwealth Respite Centrelink Centres: Provides free and confidential information on community aged care, disability and other support services available locally, interstate or anywhere within Australia
- NSW Council for Intellectual Disability: The peak organisation in NSW representing the interests of people with intellectual disability
- Carers NSW: An association for relatives and friends caring for people with a disability, mental illness, drug and alcohol dependencies, chronic condition, terminal illness or who are frail.
General mental health organisations
- Association of Families and Friends of the Mentally Ill: Provides information relating to different mental health issues, as well as support for families, friends and carers.
- Mental Health Association NSW: Website has useful fact sheet and resources relating to mental health and available support services
- RichmondPRA: For advice, information and support relating to mental health
- Sane Australia: Useful information, advice and support regarding a range of mental health issues.
Anxiety specific organisations
- Anxiety Australia: Information and support relating to different types of anxiety.
- Beyond Blue: For information and help relating to anxiety.
- The Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression: Offers assessment and treatment for anxiety disorders.
- This way up: Offers treatment for anxiety and depression.
Depression specific organisations
- The Black Dog Institute: Provides fact sheets about depression and bipolar disorder, and details of support services and contact numbers.
- Beyond Blue: For information and help relating to depression.
Schizophrenia specific organisations
- Schizophrenia Fellowship: Information and advice relating to mental health, support services for consumers, families and carers
Drug and alcohol specific organisations
- National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre: Up to date research and information relating to Drug and Alcohol.
Resource on hospitalization for people with intellectual disability
- Admission2Discharge (A2D) Together Project: Developed to improve the hospital experiences of people with a cognitive impairment, their carers, families and disability support staff.
Planning guides focusing on people with disability and complex support needs
- No More Waiting: A guide for organisations to plan with Aboriginal people with disability.