“Personality Disorders in Intellectual Disability”
The module aims to provide disability professionals with knowledge about personality disorders in people with intellectual disability. It covers what personality disorders are, how they may impact a person’s life and how disability professionals can provide support.
It covers topics such as:
- What a personality disorder is
- What the different personality disorders are
- How personality disorders might impact a person’s life
- Personality disorders and intellectual disability
- Stigma associated with personality disorders
- How to support a person with intellectual disability and personality disorder
- Interagency working
- Self-care when supporting a person with a personality disorder
The free e-learning resource can be accessed by a quick registration at www.idhealtheducation.edu.au.
Our e-learning modules have been specifically tailored to disability professionals and their unique role in providing support. Other modules available in this resource can be found here.
The e-learning site www.idhealtheducation.edu.au was launched in 2013 to educate people about intellectual disabilities and mental health. The modules have been developed by The Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN) and funded by Ageing Disability and Home Care, Family and Community Services.