Research findings suggest that students with a disability experience higher rates of mental ill-health than their peers, but schools are not confident in their ability to support the mental health and wellbeing of students with disability.
3DN was engaged by the Victorian Government Department of Education and Training to develop a suite of e-learning modules to equip Mental Health Practitioners employed to specialist schools to provide mental health supports.
This project involves the design and development of five e-learning modules on the topics:
- About Developmental Disabilities
- About Mental Health in Children and Young People
- About Mental Ill-Health and Intellectual Disability
- About Mental Ill-Health and Autism
- Promoting Student Voice and Agency in Managing Disability and Mental Health
The work within this project forms part of the Mental Health Supports in Specialist Schools initiative. The initiative aims to expand existing mental health and wellbeing supports to specialist schools and their students.